Organisation: In4Derm LTD
Reference Number: I4D0006
In4Derm is a drug discovery biotech that develops new small molecule drugs for anti-inflammatory and orphan indications.
In4Derm is one of Scotland’s most promising biotech companies. In 2020, In4Derm span out from the world leading University of Dundee’s School of Life Sciences. In less than 12 months from spin-out, the team have raised commercial investment, been awarded several grants, and secured partnership for the development of two of In4Derm’s pipeline assets. The partnership if successful, will lead to >$200m in milestone and royalties.
To support the company’s growth and ambitions, we are seeking an experienced and talented cell biologist to join the team.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team that is seeking to develop a new oral therapy for the treatment of inflammatory diseases like eczema or rheumatoid arthritis.
Candidates will have several years’ experience and will ideally have worked with T-cells, keratinocytes, and organ culture systems. Talented candidates with an independent mindset and a flexible can-do attitude are particularly encouraged to apply.
Our laboratory facilities are based in the picturesque City of Dundee’s world leading University of Dundee, School of Life Sciences and include access to state-of-the-art equipment.
The full-time post is available immediately and is offered on an open-ended basis subject to funding. Salary will depend on experience but will be £35,000-£45,000. Staff may also be offered share options depending on performance.
Your duties will include:
• Developing cellular and biochemical assays • Screening and profiling potential drug compounds • Carrying out data analysis and relevant quality assurance protocols • Communication of your work to team members and external parties in written or verbal reports. • Review and analysis of published information to inform and evidence project planning and experiment design • Proactive identification of potential project issues and communication of proposed solutions to the team
• Working independently with limited supervision as part of a matrix management structure.
Who we’re looking for:
Essential • A degree in biochemistry, pharmacology, cell biology or other relevant biological discipline. Industrial or postgraduate experience in a range of biochemical, molecular and cell biology techniques.
• Experience of: - Culturing of a range of primary and immortalised mammalian cells - Development of cell, molecular biological and immunological assays to characterise cell phenotype e.g. flow cytometry, RT-PCR, ELISA etc. - The development of recombinant cell lines
• Evidence of having worked independently to facilitate the successful completion of projects • An ability to be proactive, productive and to work effectively in teams • Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills • A demonstrated ability to work in an organised manner and to standard operating procedures, needing minimal supervision. Desirable • Experience of T-cell or keratinocyte inflammation assays • Experience with 3D culture systems, including explant culture • Experience in the generation of knock-out/in cell lines using e.g siRNA and CRISPR • Expertise with automated laboratory systems • Experience with data handling, curve-fitting and statistical analysis • Experience in industry-standard recording keeping
• Experience working with ‘omics experiments and data sets
In4Derm is conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our facility is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology.
Just a short walk from the V&A Museum of Design Dundee, we’re close to both the train and bus stations.
We greatly value the diversity of our staff and encourage applications from people with any background, subject to eligibility to work in the UK.
The new role is available immediately and the Chief Scientific Officer at In4Derm is happy to be contacted directly at Andrew@In4Derm.com with any queries or applications.