The University of Dundee are seeking to appoint a number of recent graduates (graduating in 2020 or 2021) for their research experience placement programme. They recognise that Biomedical and Life Sciences Graduates in 2020 and 2021 will have had their research experiences, in particularly wet-lab experiences, curtailed due to social distancing measures and other restrictions.
They would like to provide promising recent graduates from under-represented groups, and those most impacted by the pandemic, with research experience to enhance your skills base to best position you to apply for a PhD or other science related position.
A number of different placements opportunities within some of the core technical/service facilities and teaching unit, of varying lengths are available:
- 2 placements in the D’Arcy Thompson Unit – both 3 months
- 1 placement in the Flow Cytometry Facility – 6 months
- 1 placement in the Fingerprints Proteomics Unit – 4 months
- 1 placement in the Dundee Imaging Facility (DIF) – 4 months
- 1 placement in MRC Reagents and Services – 6 months
Details for each of these placements are described in the Placement Descriptors available on the Human Resources website.
All appointed candidates will be paid a salary at the national living wage (currently £8.91 per hour) working 36.25 hours per week. All placements are expected to start around 5th January 2022.