Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the first company to design drug molecules entirely by AI that are heading into the clinic. We are a technology company that combines the latest science and engineering with knowledge acquired from experienced medicinal chemists. This synergy allows us to automate drug discovery and so rapidly develop novel therapeutics on a large scale.
We are currently seeking a disease area strategist to work closely with our business development and target analyst teams to identify disease areas of clinical and commercial interest.
You will be an integral member of a world-class team of developers, engineers, researchers and drug hunters focused on applying AI to achieve unprecedented productivity gains in small molecule drug discovery. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard-earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Your primary role will be to identify and prioritise patient groups with clear unmet need through integration of disease area understanding with competitor and commercial analysis.
- You will use your understanding of patient journeys to propose biomarker strategies to support both research and early clinical development objectives
- Your in silico analysis will help to ensure a unified framework for Exscientia’s growing oncology portfolio
- You will partner with data scientists and engineers to contribute to the implementation of machine learning approaches to support your work.
What will you bring to this role?
- PhD or comparable experience in bioinformatics, data science or in life sciences related disciplines with demonstrable expertise in collecting, mining and visualising complex biological data to support strategic decision making.
- Oncology relevant domain knowledge, for instance through conducting research or implementing business strategy in an oncology setting.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and co-operative as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- A positive "can-do" and result oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and the ability to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
- MD qualification or clinical experience
- Experience of commercial analysis in a pharmaceutical industry setting
- Knowledge of advanced statistical or machine learning methods
- Scripting skills in R or python
What can you expect from us?
- The opportunity to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry
- Work alongside experience drug hunters and learn about drug discovery from start to clinical candidates
- Joining a rapidly growing organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to develop your career with us at your own pace as we grow our organisation
- Opportunity to be inventors on multiple patents
- A highly competitive compensation package to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The chance to join our inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture.