An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced and motivated individual to join the Ubiquigent team as an Assay Development Scientist / Senior Scientist. The role, reporting to the CSO, and working closely with the rest of the biology team, will be responsible for the investigation and development of new technologies to support the company’s overall commercial and scientific objectives. The individual will provide strong scientific, organisational and technical skills, and will regularly interface with external collaborators, partners and the rest of the team to support the overall business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate new technologies and equipment, and utilising your experience, undertake the development of novel assays and associated implementation of core technologies to support both in-house and client/partner sponsored research projects.
- Design, conduct and analyse feasibility, validation and verification studies.
- Provide the necessary project management, resource planning and communication to ensure cost effective delivery to agreed timescales and budget.
- Prepare written SOPs for laboratory methods, procedures and instrumentation, and ensure the transfer of the assays to the service team, where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all work, and identify, capture and record IP.
- Provide all necessary documentation and supporting information for marketing and commercialisation of the assays.
- Support the CSO in the ongoing development and refinement of the company’s scientific strategy and implement new capabilities and platforms, as appropriate, stemming from this strategy.
- Deliver excellence in assay development, and ensure that research activities are reliably executed to the highest quality.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with a proven track record of developing assays and the screening of small molecules in any of the following:
- SPR, GCI, MST
- Chemical biology assays utilising ABP, chemoproteomics
- Recombinant protein assay systems such as HaloTAG
- Biochemical assays (enzyme assays, knowledge and extensive practical experience in enzyme kinetics including determination of compound mechanism of action, Km, Vmax determinations, jump dilution and inhibitor reversibility experiments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, organised, flexible, cooperative and highly self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- PhD in biochemistry, cell biology, chemical biology or a related field
- Expertise with the development of assays and operation of NanoTemper, Biacore or Creoptix instrumentation
- Familiarity with liquid handling platforms, including Mosquito, Dragonfly, Biomek
- Knowledge and experience of the ubiquitin cell signalling system
- Demonstrated competence in tissue culture, biological sample preparation, enzymatic reactions, gel electrophoresis and Western blotting
Competitive salary and benefits package, including employer pension contribution, share options, and life insurance
Dundee, Scotland, UK
For further information please contact our recruitment partner, Claire Brennan at Singular Talent (email@example.com)