17th BioDundee International Conference
Data Protection Notice
By providing the Personal Information required to register for the BioDundee conference you agree that BioDundee may contact you by post, telephone, email or fax to keep you updated on arrangements being made for this event. BioDundee will use Information provided in a manner reasonably required to run the Event. BioDundee does not sell, share, or rent Information to third parties. Any use of Information not disclosed here will only be made with your express permission.
Terms and Conditions
1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “the Company” shall mean Dundee City Council the Local Authority for the said area by virtue of the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994 and having its principal offices at 21 City Square, Dundee, DD1 3BY, “the Event” shall mean the BioDundee 2017 Annual Conference to be held on the 23rd and 24th of May 2017, “Organisation” shall mean as relevant to the person who has completed the delegate, exhibitor or sponsor registration application form and/or the organisation which s/he is representing, “Premises” shall mean the West Park Conference and Events Centre, 319 Perth Road, Dundee DD2 1NN and “Venue Provider” shall mean West Park Centre Limited, incorporated under the Companies Acts and having their Registered Office at 61 Dublin Street, Edinburgh EH3 6NL.
2. The Organisation shall pay 100% of any fee due to the Company on booking and in advance of the Event taking place.
3. The Organisation acknowledges that failure to pay in accordance with Clause 2 above shall entitle the Company to refuse entry to, or use of, any space at the Event to the Organisation and/or its representative(s).
4. In the event that the Organisation wishes to cancel any reservation, or part of any reservation, this must be given in writing, via email. The following cancellation charges shall apply:
- If cancelled 10 or more days prior to the date of the Event: 50% of the relevant fee.
- If cancelled fewer than 10 days before the date of the Event: 100% of the relevant fee.
5. The Organisation may substitute a delegate. The replacement delegate will take over any partnering meetings agreed by the original delegate, although these can be cancelled if the meetings are no longer relevant.
6. The Company reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time in which case it shall refund any monies paid as at Clause 2 above. The Company shall have no further liability to the Organisation in such circumstances.
7. The Organisation shall obey the instructions and/or directions of any responsible member of the Company’s staff and/or any responsible member of staff associated with the Premises and shall ensure that its representatives required to attend the Event shall do the same.
8. The Organisation shall comply with any rules and regulations associated with the Premises and shall ensure that its representatives required to attend the Event shall do the same.
9. The Organisation shall not apply any substance or coating, including without limitation, any paint, lacquer or adhesive, to the Premises or to any property at the Premises.
10. The Company reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event to the Organisation and/or any person attending the Event because of the Organisation if the Company believes that it would be detrimental to the Company’s business or property or the business or property of the Venue Provider to permit entry.
11. The Company does not accept liability for loss or damage to the Organisation’s property nor shall the Organisation hold the Venue Provider liable for any such loss or damage.. Should the Company become liable to the Organisation despite this clause, any such liability shall be limited to any fee paid in respect of the Event as at Clause 2 above.
12. Save where such claim or expense arises as a result of the Company’s negligence, the Organisation shall indemnify the Company against any claim or expense whether in respect of personal injury or damage to property or otherwise relating to its attendance or proposed attendance at the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, this clause shall apply where the Company shall become liable should the Venue Provider not be able to honour any commitment to a third party.
13. The Company shall incur no liability to the Organisation if the Company is prevented, or hindered, by any cause whatsoever beyond its control from holding the Event and/or from making any provision at the Event and in particular, but without prejudice, to the generality of the foregoing by Act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, Government controls, restrictions or prohibitions or any other Government act or omission whether local or national, fire, flood, subsidence, sabotage, accident, strike or lock out and shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting therefrom suffered by the Organisation.
14. The Company shall not be responsible for any information, or the use of any information, provided by the Organisation to a third party.
15. The Company offers no warranties in respect of services provided at the Event.
16. If a competent court declares any of these terms and conditions unenforceable, all other terms and conditions shall remain of full force and effect and the unenforceable term and/or condition shall endure to the extent permissible.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.